Shipping in Germany

Diskutiere Shipping in Germany im Small Talk Forum im Bereich Community; Good day my German forum friends. I have a question for you: Which distribution company is a good one? I like to know, because I am...
Monster-Rob

Monster-Rob

Themenstarter
Good day my German forum friends.

I have a question for you:

Which distribution company is a good one?

I like to know, because I am trying to find a good partner for sending watches to Germany, for a good price.
At the moment I am using TNT Post, and TNT uses DPD for the German delivery. Lately, a lot of things went wrong (lost an SRP043 and a monster, investigation takes 3 months). Price has almost doubled in 2011.

I have an offer from GLS which looks good. They have Paket Shops where a package can be found if you were not home when they came. 48 hours transit time (they say). Price is under 10 euro :)

Another offer is from a company that sends tha packages to DHL, Price is a little higher, but it's DHL...

A

Alexander k 90

Hi Monster Rob,
I have made best experiences with DHL.
But in general DPD and GLS isn't bad at all.
The only company i wouldnt use is Hermes.

Alex

Duc999

Duc999

In think DPD is known for their rough handling.

With DHL everyone will have a "Paket Shop" nearby to pick up the parcel - as I do very often.

Monster-Rob

Monster-Rob

Themenstarter
Thank you for the answers !!

I think GLS will be my new partner for shipment, that will result is a price of 9, maybe 10 euro per package. Now TNT post charges € 14,30 for registered mail, and € 13 for shipment with track/trace (up to 2 kg). I used to ship for € 7,70 with registered mail up to 500 gram, that option has been stopped.

I will read some more here, and search for information on different sites and with collegue-sellers.

Have a great New Year, filled with all the watches you want !!
(preferably Seiko ;))

SpeedCat

SpeedCat

Hermes isn't that bad either, just a bit slower than DHL. And i don't know how it is about Hermes in the Netherlands. From the companies you listed in the startpost, i would clearly prefer DHL. Quick, reliable and only very few bad things to hear about lost packages. GLS would be ok for me as well, but i don't know where the next GLS-shop is around here. Maybe that will be better in bigger cities.

Ranma

Ranma

As always, it depends ;-) DHL would be my favorite, in te other way round I haven't heard bad things 'bout Hermes, excapt they are a little bit slower than the other ones.
Regards
Ranma

Monster-Rob

Monster-Rob

Themenstarter
I cannot tell the Dutch companies to use GLS, Hermes, DPD or DHL. They have partner contracts, and I specifically asked them who their partner in Germany is. Hermes was not one of them.

cal..45

cal..45

Hi Rob,

I can recommend DHL as well - quick shipping (usually next day in Germany) and reliable.

Regards, Holger

Dr. Wu

Dr. Wu

I sent a lot of things and watches by GLS,a shop is near and there was no problem.It`s easy to get the parcel with tracking number.Sent by HERMES it`s difficult to get the parcel when I`m not at home.
Greets

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Monster-Rob

Monster-Rob

Themenstarter
Hello all !

Thanks for the input. I made a contract with GLS and have installed their labeling software. All is working, just need to buy a laser printer now.

Shipping will be 10 euro from now on (to Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg, other countries are cheaper with TNT Post @ 13 euro)

hansvonholstein

hansvonholstein

HERMES is worst! At least, if you don't live in a bigger city but in a village somewhere out there. It's the same with DPD.
I had so much trouble during the last five years living in the countryside. One parcel got lost completely, lots
of others took (much) more than a week inner Germany.

Though it's not the cheapest sometimes I always send with DHL, which became worse after having been privatisized, but still use to be quick. And you find an office everywhere - though they are becoming less and less. But still more than any other. Our former ROYAL MAIL so. Well, FEDERAL...

I wonder what's about UPS. When I was younger, . . .

HANS

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
X-Ray

X-Ray

Hello Monter-Rob!

You should read the AGB carefully. DHL for instance insures watches only up to 500,-€

Permissible valuable items

I don’t exactly know about GLS – maybe some one else read the whole damn AGB.

Thema:

Shipping in Germany

Shipping in Germany - Ähnliche Themen

• Ebay's Global Shipping Program in Europa?

Ebay's Global Shipping Program in Europa?: Wieso versenden Verkäufer aus Großbritannien mit dem Global Shipping Program nach Österreich? Ist viel teurer und die Ware liegt jetzt schon vom...
  • [Erledigt] Milanaise (Mesh) 20mm Edelstahl von Vollmer, Pforzheim, Made in Germany

[Erledigt] Milanaise (Mesh) 20mm Edelstahl von Vollmer, Pforzheim, Made in Germany: Liebe Freunde des eleganten Uhrenbandes, hier könnt Ihr ein praktisch neues Mesh, oder Milanaise in allerbester Qualität erwerben. Es wurde in...
  • [Verkauf-Tausch] STAALBLOCK Germany 42 Automatik Miyota

[Verkauf-Tausch] STAALBLOCK Germany 42 Automatik Miyota: Vorweg der Hinweis, dass dies ein Privatverkauf von gebrauchter Ware aus meinem Privatbesitz ist! Daher erfolgt der Verkauf ohne Garantie...
  • Damasko DK11 - Manufaktur made in germany

Damasko DK11 - Manufaktur made in germany: Moin zusammen, heute möchte ich einen Neuzugang der Fa. Damasko aus Barbing vorstellen. Sie ähnelt optisch meiner mittlerweile verkauften DA 47...