[Erledigt] Movado Datron HS360 El Primero Reverse Panda Chronograph

Diskutiere Movado Datron HS360 El Primero Reverse Panda Chronograph im Archiv: Angebote Forum im Bereich Angebote; My apologies for not writing in German, understanding and reading German goes well, speaking also, but writing… For sale from my personal...
utrechtuhren

utrechtuhren

Themenstarter
My apologies for not writing in German, understanding and reading German goes well, speaking also, but writing…

For sale from my personal collection is this lovely late sixties/early seventies Movado Datron HS 360 with the legendary Zenith El Primero 3019 PHC movement.

The watch is in excellent condition, the amazing tonneau shaped case is unpolished, the brushing on top has been preserved perfectly, it has still got those lovely sharp polished bevelled edges and a nicely domed acrylic crystal.

Founded in 1881 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland, Movado (Esparanto for continuous movement) are primarily known for producing quality dress watches,

This watch in this post is from an interesting period in the company’s history, the late 1960s/early 1970s, when the company was owned by the Mondia-Zenith-Movado holding company. Being part of this union allowed Movado access to Zeniths now legendary cal. 3019PHC El Primero calibre which is found inside the watch in this post, the only difference being that Movado engraved their own name and logo on the winding rotor

Arguably the first automatic chronograph calibre, the El Primero was first introduced in 1969 and was used in a number of models for each company, some identical models were branded either Movado or Zenith, and some were unique to each brand. In terms of collectibility, the Zenith models seem to be more desirable these days and command a premium, but the Movado models certainly shouldn’t be overlooked. The HS360 was exclusively a Movado range and there were several different models, the watch in this post being one of the most popular. The early models were branded Datachron HS360, though the name was shortened to Datron later in the production run.

The classic reverse panda dial has got three recessed subcompaxes with tin can rings, lovely white tachymeter rings and is in brilliant condition for a watch of this age.

The unpolished case is 37mm but due to its shape it wears larger than the numbers suggest, the lug to lug length is 42.6mm. The watch still has got it’s original crown with the Movado “M” logo.

Inside ticks the venerable cal. 3019PHC El Primero calibre, an automatic movement which runs fine for a watch fifty years old.

The watch comes on a brand new period correct leather rally strap.

Since my collection has gotten too large again it is time to make some choices, so this rare bird may leave.

2195 EURO

Excluding shipping.

If you have any question please send me a DM in German, English or Dutch and I will answer as soon as possible.

Diameter without crown: 37mm but wears larger due to the cushion shaped case
Diameter with crown: 40mm
Length: 42.6mm
Thickness: Total 12.3mm consisting of a 2.2mm domed acrylic crystal and a 10.2mm case
Caliber: Movado 3019 PHC (Zenith El Primero) Automatic
Lug Width: 18mm

I am located in The Netherlands and ship worldwide.

I am a collector who sometimes has to sell a watch from his collection so that is does not get too large, therefor I am a private seller, I am a regular at Uhrforum, WUS and the Dutch horlogeforum, there is plenty feedback obtainable.

IMG_7444.jpgIMG_7442.jpgIMG_7298.jpgIMG_7297.jpgIMG_7293.jpgIMG_7294.jpgIMG_7295.jpgIMG_7296.jpgIMG_7297.jpgIMG_7299.jpgIMG_7439.jpg

Anhänge

• IMG_7440.jpg
    IMG_7440.jpg
    863,3 KB · Aufrufe: 30
Thema:

Movado Datron HS360 El Primero Reverse Panda Chronograph

Movado Datron HS360 El Primero Reverse Panda Chronograph - Ähnliche Themen

[Erledigt] Seiko monster SZEN006 night 7S26 movement used: Hi :) For sale goes Seiko SZEN006 automatic 7S26 movement It's a rare monstera from the night monster series released for the Asian market. The...
[Erledigt] SEIKO QMW021 0843-5030 from December 1975: Hi :) For sale goes SEIKO QMW021 from december 1975 quartz movement 0843-5030 The watch is in good condition, but... There are scratches on the...
[Erledigt] Seiko quartz type II 0903-8110 1976 september: Hi :) For sale goes Seiko quartz 0903-8110 The watch is from September 76, but has been in catalogs since 1977. The watch has a rare gradient...
[Erledigt] 70s Smiths vintage chronograph: Hello! For sale this rare beauty from my personal collection. 37mm (on the wrist looks bigger, because of the shape of the case), swiss EB8420...
[Erledigt] Credor (seiko) 8420-6990: Hi :) For sale goes mine Credor 8420-6990 The watch is in good condition. There are scratches on the envelope. The watch glass is slightly...
Oben