Help a fellow enthusiast - Jobs in the watch industry

Diskutiere Help a fellow enthusiast - Jobs in the watch industry im Uhrencafé Forum im Bereich Uhren-Forum; Fellows, A short background on myself: For the past 10 years, I’ve been working as a relationship manager and team leader in the Telco and...
  • Help a fellow enthusiast - Jobs in the watch industry Beitrag #1
H

hsoares

Themenstarter
Fellows,

A short background on myself:
For the past 10 years, I’ve been working as a relationship manager and team leader in the Telco and Fintech industries. I have a successful career and a solid academic background that would allow me to climb the “corporate ladder”. Nevertheless, like many others, I wasn’t feeling fulfilled.

During the pandemic I lost two very close family members, which made me (again, like many others) rethink what I wanted from life and if I wanted to spend the next 30 years in the rat race. Hence, I’ve embarked on a discovery journey to find the area on which I could have a proper job and, at the same time, enjoy myself.

Deep down, I always knew this area was the watch industry. My family was even connected to the industry back in the 70s, they even had an assembly plant for Vulcain in Mozambique - a venture that was cut short by the Portuguese revolution in April 1974.
For the past few months, I’ve been trying to reach out to companies to see if they had a place for me. I’m available to relocate anywhere in the world, although I’m now mostly focusing in the Middle East region.

Since we are here, you can tell that this strategy wasn’t very successful.

Therefore, and since I’m really keen on making this shift happen, I’ve decided to reach out to you guys to see if anyone can help me with contacts in the industry and direct me to the right people.

Anyone out there willing to help a fellow enthusiast?

My inbox is at your service if you need more details.

Mod Team, apologies if this isn’t allowed in the forum and for the post in English. Please remove if so.

Thank you very much!

• Help a fellow enthusiast - Jobs in the watch industry Beitrag #2
randymarsh

randymarsh

Hello Hugo,

I remember buying a watch years ago from you, must have been one of my first automatics ever. Nice to see/hear from you despite the tragic news regarding your family.
I wish you all the best and I am sure that a watch enthusiast like you will find whatever he desires to do although the right entry is surely hard to find.

Cheers, Florian

• Help a fellow enthusiast - Jobs in the watch industry Beitrag #3
H

hsoares

Themenstarter
Hello Hugo,

I remember buying a watch years ago from you, must have been one of my first automatics ever. Nice to see/hear from you despite the tragic news regarding your family.
I wish you all the best and I am sure that a watch enthusiast like you will find whatever he desires to do although the right entry is surely hard to find.

Cheers, Florian

I remember sending a watch to a Florian a couple of years, can't remember which one exactly. A Marlow Coniston by any chance?

Thank you for your wishes, fingers crossed for me!

• Help a fellow enthusiast - Jobs in the watch industry Beitrag #4
randymarsh

randymarsh

Took a while but I found it, it was a vintage quartz Aquaracer, so no automatic. It was a pretty cool one, but it moved on :super:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Help a fellow enthusiast - Jobs in the watch industry Beitrag #6
sifu

sifu

Bom Dia,

You might also be interested in pursuing a career with the Swatch Group:

Careers at Swatch Group - Swatch Group

But I’m sure you have already checked for openings. Good luck any, mate.

• Help a fellow enthusiast - Jobs in the watch industry Beitrag #7
H

hsoares

Themenstarter
Thema:

Help a fellow enthusiast - Jobs in the watch industry

Help a fellow enthusiast - Jobs in the watch industry - Ähnliche Themen

[Erledigt] Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Medium Hand Wound: Dear forum members, As per usual in my posts, please apologize for writing in English. My german is being worked on. For sale is a true...
[Erledigt] Seiko Prospex King Samurai limited Edition Shu- Iro August 2022: Hello everyone, This is my second watch that I have to let go of since I think that 4 watches is more than enough for a nice small watch...
Ich lasse mir von niemandem sagen, was ich für eine Uhr zu tragen habe! Von niemanden!!: Folgenden Beitrag habe ich gerade auf einem bekannten englischsprachigen Uhren-Forum veröffentlicht. Es geht um zwei Neuzugänge, die heute bei mir...
[Erledigt] Cuervo Y Sobrinos Robusto 2803 automatic three date: Hello :-) For sale goes Credor Pacifique quartz movement 8j82 This is a cool, unheard of Cuervo y Sobrinos Robusto Tricalendografo model that is...
Need Advice about Seiko Guarantee procedure for brand new watch…what would you do?: Hello watch lovers, I need some advice as follows: I bought a brand new Seiko king samurai Limited edition from a reputable online dealer here in...
Oben