ErrediBi M24, the "nut-watch"

Diskutiere ErrediBi M24, the "nut-watch" im Werbeforum Forum im Bereich Marktplatz; Hello everyone! I would like to present the concept behind RdB Watches (ErrediBi), a microbrand watchmaker based in Northern Italy. I...
E

ErrediBi

Themenstarter
Hello everyone!

I would like to present the concept behind RdB Watches (ErrediBi), a microbrand watchmaker based in Northern Italy.

I imagine that I could be hunted down soon cause this thread will be read as a sales attempt....:|

As a watch enthusiast instead, I hope someone could appreciate the story about something that comes from the industrial field and heritage, and not from the standard watchmaking....something crafted handmade in all its parts, with a lot of customizable things on it.

The idea is machining an industrial nut and the relative screw jointed together, to get the watch body:

Scan 3.jpeg

From the nut we get the outer case:

Scan 6.jpeg

From the head of the screw the inner case:

Scan 0.jpeg

Then we have 4 lugs machined on a 5 axis tool, anchored to both the cases:

Immagine.jpg

The final watch body is cmpleted with the bezel and the lower ring.

Scan.jpg

The result is something unique in the watchworld, with a peculiar shape and a unique assembling architecture (this watch does not have a back case).

All parts are handcrafted in the milan's nearbys....the calf leather straps are handmade in Tuscany.

Only the ETA Swiss mouvement comes from outside the Italian border.

Two case sizes are available, 36 mm (M24) and 41 mm (M27)

The watch can be crafted in AISI 316L Steel, Bronze, Titanium or Ergal.

Some pics of the watches are below, I hope to hear something from you about this weird project!;-)

I hope the forum owners will keep this topic for the enthusiast!

Have a nice evening!

IMG_1794.jpg

FullSizeRender(5).jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

neset530d

neset530d

Da diese keine Uhrenvorstellung ist....
Potthässlich:schock:

E

ErrediBi

Themenstarter
Hello everyone....unfortunately I do not speak German...

About German Microbrands, here in Italy Nomos Glashutte is getting well known among watch enthusiasts....nice watchmaker

ludicree

ludicree

Grobes Teil. Die M24 Mutter im Full Set ist angebracht.

anmita

anmita

In Messing wäre das ne tolle Jubiläumsuhr mit Widmung „40 Jahre treue Dienste Gas-Wasser-[...]“ oder so ähnlich.;-)

Naja, keine Schönheit jedoch ganz so schlimm finde ich sie jetzt auch nicht. Ist schon originell und es steckt zumindest etwas Arbeit drinn. In jedem Fall etwas anderes, als einfach billige Standartware aus Fernost zu verticken.
Die M24 ist deutlich ansehlicher als die M27.

Lebel

Lebel

I like the watch and the idea behind it.
Something different than the usual types of watchcases.
I wonder how the lugs are anchored to the case.
And I would like to know how long is the watch from lug to lug.

Good luck for your brand (the name on the dial... RdB would be enough) ;-)

G

Grendel1981

At first, i like the idea. I would have kept the Dial more simple... just "RdB", "Automatico" and " Fabricato in Italia".

I am wondering about the weight and the backside of the watch.

At least, its more beautiful than everything Hublot ever made, thats allready a big point for you. :)

ol1ver

ol1ver

As I understand the the drawings, on the back of the 'case' the thread is still visible?
According to the drawing the thread of the inner case is different to the one of the nut, how do you assemble one to each other!?

please post a pic of the back, I 'm curious ;-)

sifu

sifu

Hallo and welcome to German Uhrforum,

I do like your enthusiasm about watches; you're taking that passion to a new level. The watch itself looks quite nice; still I personally wouldn't fancy wearing it due to its large dimensions. Please add some views of the back of the watch; that would be interesting to see.

And don't bother with some negative comments made by people for whom rules matter more than watches :-).

rafic

rafic

Interesting project and I like your idea. Please post some more pictures especially from from the back view. Go on mate – good luck with your project....

G

Gödel

Gast
Well, finaly this is a real project! Great idea, individual design and well handcrafted! Don't take negative comments from other members personaly. I believe they are just jealous :D

You wrote that this watch do not have a case back?! So how is the mechanical movement protected against dust and water?
Further how do you fix the lug? Just mechanical or do you use glue in order to fix the lug's?

Right on, dude! I'm highly impressed!!

E

ErrediBi

Themenstarter
If the passion can be seen, well We're very happy!

Thanks for your kind feedback, I will try to respond to your queries.

The watch dimensions are, for the M24:

case thickness 8,5 mm (M27 is 12 mm)
Diameter 36 mm (M27 is 41 mm)
lug to lug 55 mm (M27 is 59 mm)

The M24 weight is around 150 gr (180 gr fr the M27)

Some pics of teh M24 on a 16 cm wrist:

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0531.JPG

Here a side view of the case engraved side:

FullSizeRender2.jpg

About the lugs, they're machined on a 5 axis tool and fixed to both cases by means of conical trunks.

Of course there are seals, with this architecture a waterproof test is something complex.

The back case is here:

FullSizeRender5.jpg

That lower ring acts as a locknut between the nut and the screw.

Obviously, do not try to ask your local jeweler to service this dude..... :)

JackSlater

JackSlater

I like the case too. Great idea, well done. But I do not like the dial. Especially the white one doesn't fit IMHO. The indices seem to be to filigree. According to the case there should be heavily built indices as well.

stinger80

stinger80

Mi piace tanto grazie per averlo mostrato! :super:
Magari come gli altri già hanno detto si potrebbe cambiare un paio di cose sul quadrante e la versione grande mi piace molto di meno. ma tanto con la mia circonferenza di polso (ca. 17,5cm) la m24 sarebbe la giusta grandezza. Il quadrante bianco e il colore piu bello secondo me. offri al momento bianco/nero/blu oppure altri colori?

Quando saranno disponibili e dove?

Vorrei troppo vederlo dal vivo! Se hai bisogno di qualche traduzione tedesco - italiano o viceversa puoi mandarmi un msg qui e ti do la mia mail. Bella zona la brianza (ho vissuto a lesmo) ;)

Bello vedere che ci sono ancora orologi che non escono da qualche scatola delle costruzioni cinese ma sono veramente ingegneristico!

Mir gefällt sie sehr gut danke, dass Du sie uns gezeigt hast! :super:
Wie andere schon gesagt haben könnte man velleicht einige Dinge auf dem Zifferblatt verbessern. Die Kleine gefällt mir viel besser als die Grosse bei meinem HGu 17,5cm käme aber eh die Kleinere in Frage. Die Weisse finde ich am schönsten! Gibt es zurzeit nur weiss/schwarz/blau?

Wann könnte man sie kaufen und wo?

Ich würde sie gerne mal in freier Wildbahn betrachten.
Schön mal eine Uhr zu sehen, die nicht einem chinesischen Baukasten entstammt, sondern wirklich ingenieuristisch ist!

E

ErrediBi

Themenstarter
Thanks!

The watches are already on the market. As many other microbrands around the world, we sell directly to the watch enthusiast.
Usually our watches are built on demand, but sometimes we have already assembled watches.
We have a website, you can easily find it through a Google search. ;)

stinger80

stinger80

Guido kann hier leider zurzeit nicht mehr auf Eure Fragen antworten. Diskussion dazu unter https://uhrforum.de/crowdfunding-im-werbebereich-t327535-2

Ich kann aber gern vermitteln/übersetzen und seine Anworten hier posten, falls Interesse besteht. Seine Seite ist hier: https://www.rdbwatches.net/

--- Nachträglich hinzugefügt ---

PS. Ich bin weder verwandt noch verschwägert und kenne soweit ich weiss keinen persönlich.

Thema:

ErrediBi M24, the "nut-watch"

ErrediBi M24, the "nut-watch" - Ähnliche Themen

• Zillawatch; ErrediBi, AS und mehr!!

Zillawatch; ErrediBi, AS und mehr!!: Seit dem ersten juni arbeite ich zusammen mit den Microbrands ErrediBi und AS. Auch Watchpouch gibt mir Support. Und vielleicht kommt watchid...
  • [Erledigt] Bitunia 23 Datomatic Shockproof Vintage mit DDR Ruhla M24 Kaliber (revisionsbedürftig)

[Erledigt] Bitunia 23 Datomatic Shockproof Vintage mit DDR Ruhla M24 Kaliber (revisionsbedürftig): Zum Verkauf kommt diese schöne Bitunia 23 Datomatic Shockproof mit schwarzem Zifferblatt, verschraubtem Boden und vermutlich einem DDR Kaliber...
  • "The making of": ErrediBi Eclettico, meine Uhr!

"The making of": ErrediBi Eclettico, meine Uhr!: Liebe Forianer, ich las mehrere Artikel hier im Forum und im niederländischem Forum wo ErrediBi beschrieben wurde ( ErrediBi M24, the "nut-watch"...
  • [Erledigt] ruhla Handaufzug M24

[Erledigt] ruhla Handaufzug M24: Hallo! Es kommen wieder zu viele, daher muss ich mich von Schätzchen trennen, auch weil ich sie mehrfach habe...:-( Hier eine nette Beigabe zu...
  • [Erledigt] Anker KH Diver mit Ruhla M24

[Erledigt] Anker KH Diver mit Ruhla M24: Hallo! Es kommen wieder zu viele, daher muss ich mich von Schätzchen trennen, auch weil ich sie mehrfach habe...:-( Eine schöne Uhr biete ich...